Interested in beginning a new career with one of the premiere restaurants in Metro Detroit? Al Ameer Restaurant has multiple open positions available ranging from cashiers to cooks. Find more information about each position below, then fill out the application form and a representative will be in touch.
Our cashier crew members assist customers behind the counter, complete orders, and deliver outstanding service in each of our restaurants.
- Working cash registers to check out customers
- Training newly hired cashiers
- Overseeing all cash transactions
- Balancing the cash inventory on a daily basis
- Using mathematical skills to fix cash register errors
- Answering phones
- Taking phone orders quickly and accurately
The purpose of this position is to interact with our guests and ensure they have a great experience when dining with us. Restaurant servers are responsible for positive guest interactions while serving guests in a friendly and efficient manner. At all times, servers are expected to be attentive to our guest needs and making them feel welcomed, comfortable, important and relaxed at all times. Servers are expected to have some basic cooking knowledge.
- Prepares the tables, laying out napkins and utensils, making sure the condiments are refilled, performing all other preparation tasks.
- Staying updated on current menu choices, specialties and menu deviations, knowing if the kitchen staff is running out of any items…etc.
- Handle the table bookings, direct customers to their tables, presenting menus, suggesting dishes, assisting in drink selection, informing customers about
- food preparation details, communicating specific customer needs to the cooks.
- Maintaining proper dining experience, delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, offering desserts and drinks, removing courses, replenishing utensils,
- refilling glasses.
- Obtaining and issuing receipts, accepting payments, returning the change.
- Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor.
- Filling in for absent staff as needed.
- Assisting with special events as needed.
- Greet all guests and owners warmly with an appropriate greeting.
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
- Understands and can communicate products and services available at the restaurant.
- Must have some familiarity with basic cooking skills.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience: Previous serving experience required.
- Excellent oral communication skills required.
- Positive interpersonal skills required.
- Must speak English fluently and be able to write in basic English.
The role of a line cook is to prepare culinary delights for our guests and owners. Guest satisfaction in our restaurant revolves around the food appearance, high quality of the food and overall dining experience. The line cook is responsible for the daily preparation of food items in the pantry, fry stations or other areas of the kitchen.
- Sets up station according to restaurant guidelines.
- Prepares all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant.
- Restocks all items as needed throughout the shift.
- Cleans and maintains station while practicing exceptional safety, sanitation and organizational skills.
- Has understanding and knowledge of how to properly use and maintain all equipment in the station.
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of the kitchen, walk-in coolers and all storage areas.
- Performs additional responsibilities as requested by the Chef, Sous Chef or Kitchen Manager at any time.
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Previous prep or line cook experience.
- Professional communication skills are required.
- Ability to take direction.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized.
- Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.